Cutting for wood is a technology that allows relatively complex cuts to be made very quickly, something that is not within the reach of most tools available in any carpentry shop. Even if we talk about an artisan capable of doing a very thorough job, if he had to duplicate his work, there would always be small differences, besides that he will have to invest much more time.
A good work table for carpentry should be strong and stable, be able to handle large boards, saw and work without problems or serve as a basis for fixed tools. There are multiple models, wood or metal, which usually have built-in clamping mechanisms to facilitate the work. Some models allow attaching and fixing power tools. The folding benches allow realizing a great part of the functions of fixed benches and can be saved taking up little space. See this guide about wood splitters.
Advantages of cutting:
- High cutting precision
- Ability to replicate small pieces without errors.
- It is not necessary to sharpen or replace blades, saws and other types of cutting tools.
- No waste is generated such as sawdust or shavings.
- The safe and reliable tool for splitting firewood effortlessly
Parts of the Smart-Splitter wood splitter with design Cutting wood with an ax can cause back pain and stress in the joints of the elbows and shoulders. The wood splitter Smart-Splitter has been designed to split wood effectively and easily while being pleasant to use. Do not be fooled by its apparent simplicity! The woodcutter has been designed to effortlessly split logs of all sizes. This splitter is an extremely effective tool that will replace your ax and can even allow your grandmother to cut the wood. For added information this guide about wood splitters.
The advantages of this wood splitter:
Its patented design is part of a tradition of efficiency, reliability, and safety.
- Security: it is so safe that everyone can use it.
- Ergonomics: take care of your back and shoulders. Its use provides an excellent physical exercise.
- Efficiency: it hits the log always in the best place and applies a force of 14 tons on the cutting edge.
- Economy: it has been designed to last and does not need any specific care.
- Practical: occupies little space. It is easy to assemble and store.
- Respect for the environment: The only energy needed is gravity and movement, which is also an excellent exercise for you. In addition to splitting the wood, the Smart-Splitter allows you to cut small pieces of wood for your stove or your fireplace. Check out this guide about wood splitters.
The most powerful woodcutters (but also other materials) that have enthusiasts who do a lot of carpentry work, they are tools highly valued by professionals and very useful for non-professionals provided they have a certain volume of work that can offset the investment in it. They can be transported from one place to another, thanks to their handle. Its operation is based on cutting the pieces of wood that are placed on your work table by lowering the cutting blade until attacking the piece. Their work powers start at 1,200 watts (W) and their revolutions per minute are around 5,000-7,000. The wood splitters use cutting discs that must be chosen according to the material to be worked.
The most important aspects of the miter saw and what distinguishes them from each other are the cutting height and the cutting angle. Look for this guide about wood splitters.
- Cutting capacity determines the size of the pieces that can be cut to the height and width. The more cutting capacity, the larger pieces can be worked.
- The cutting angle: is the miter cutting capacity (hence the name); the most typical cut is 45º, but there are machines that allow angles of 47º. Normally, for cutting at an angle, the cutting height is reduced by a few centimeters.
They are composed- see this guide about wood splitters:
- Grip-All machines have an ergonomic handle to work comfortably and as safely as possible. The mechanism allows lowering and raising the cutting blade.
- Button or arm release lever. To work, in addition to pressing the trigger of the grip, you must operate the button or lever that releases the arm.
- Protection cap. The cutting disc is protected by a plastic or light metal casing. There is a fixed housing on the top and another mobile that opens as the disk attacks the wood. When the saw blade is lifted, the cap closes, protecting the disc again.
- Top stop. It may or may not be adjustable and is the part against which the pieces rest so that they are firmly supported before making the cut.
- Cutting platform- The part where the pieces are supported. It is usually telescopic to facilitate the cutting of large elements. The cutting capacity is established by the capacity of the cutting table.
- Cutting disc. As important as the machine, it must be suitable for the material to be cut, the diameter of the machine and be in good conditions of use.
- Miter regulation. Device to fix the angle of the miter cut.
- Bevel regulation. Most miter saws allow bevel cutting, even while miter cutting.
- Extraction of shavings. It is for the extraction of sawdust or shavings, with the possibility of attaching a workshop aspirator or a removable bag.
- Support supports. It is very useful to support long pieces when they are cut to miter. They are removable to the desired size.
What are they used for? Confused, see this guide about wood splitters.
They are the ideal cutting tools for all types of woodwork, according to the cuts:
- Straight cuts: to cut along friezes, floor slats, both wooden and laminated.
- Miter cuts: for the realization of joints of angled pieces, such as frames, door frames, moldings, etc.
- Bevel cuts: for the realization of certain friezes, for the union of pieces, for the realization of moldings.
- Combined sections: for the construction of wooden beams and coverings for attics, for the realization of wooden structures in pergolas and arbors.